Create and Import Accounts
Creating multiple accounts and importing them
Once you have an account on MetaMask, either via importing a wallet using the secret recovery phrase or via creating a new wallet, you can create more accounts.
- 1.Click on the Profile icon on MetaMask and click on 'Create Account'
- 2.You can give your account a name, Click on 'Create'
- 3.You will be brought back to the home page with your new account as your active account
By using the 'Create Account', you are creating a new account using the same Secret Recovery Phrase that was initially used to set up MetaMask. This means you can recover all accounts created from the same Secret Recovery Phrase.
Click on 'Create Account'
Give your account a name or just use the default, click 'Create'
Account 2 has been created!
To switch active accounts follow the following steps.
- 1.Click on the Profile icon and select the account you want to switch to
Select the account you want to switch to
To import an existing account into your current wallet, to do so you will required the private key of the account you want to import.
- 1.Click on the Profile icon and select 'Import Account'
- 2.Paste the private key string of the account you want to import
- 3.Click 'Import'
- 4.Your account will be imported. When you open the Profile icon you will see the word 'IMPORTED' beside its name, this indicates the account was imported and not generated within this wallet
Do not disclose your private key to anyone. If someone obtains your private key, they are able to access your account and sign transactions with it.
Your Secret Recovery Phrase will not recover accounts added with a private key/json file.
Make sure your Secret Recovery Phrase and private key(s) are securely stored to recover all your accounts.
Select 'Import Account'
Paste the private key of the account you want to import and click 'Import'
The imported account will have been added in and is indicated by the word 'IMPORTED' by its name